Monday, March 10, 2008

Try the "Walk & Talk" Technique


"Walk and Talk" Technique

I have been famous for this technique at virtually every place of business I've ever worked at. People think they have to stop moving to talk - these are the same people who can't walk and chew gum at the same time. Now that may sound funny, but notice how many people have to sit down to have a conversation or totally stop in their tracks when someone starts to talk to them. You will see this all the time.

I love this technique because it cost me know extra time to have the conversation indicates the conversation short because I have a ready excuse at my place of destination to cut the conversation short. People also understand intuitively that if they are "walking and talking" they had better get to the point quick because very likely it's a short walk. This technique has saved me gobs of time and has taught my staff to take my time very seriously, to be brief and succinct, and to think through what they're going to say thoroughly before approaching me.

No comments: